A smokey eye has been done a hundred times but there’s always a way to spicen it up. EditHere’s one way to give the classic way a new smokey twist just by mixing up the order of application.
- Nothing's worse than a smoky eye that travels, smears, and settles into fine lines three hours into the night. Stop the smearing before it starts with a primer – blend it over lids and under eyes to ensure that your makeup stays put past last call!
- After priming your eyes, pat on a light, shimmery shade as your base.
- Use a medium-size round brush to apply charcoal gray powder in an arch shape just above the crease of the lid. Then blend down to the lash line.
- Apply black pencil liner to the upper lash line. With a small brush, smudge the liner for a softer effect. Add some matte black eye shadow on that same brush & deepen the outer edge of the eye & extend it outward.
- Want a more dramatic look? Add more shadow and mascara! If you are looking for the most dramatic effect be sure to curl those lashes and apply 2-3 coats of black #mascara! Hint: Want your eyes to look larger - Pull your liner upward when lining your bottom lashes instead of out from the top liner! This will make your eyes look larger and rounder!